Hello

I am a programmer using SQLite3 to create a database for an application. I
have been running into some problems with my SQL queries which I dont think
are correct. Can you check them & correct them where relevant?

Right now only one table exists, its layout is like so:
 [quote]
Table = element
2 columns = property TEXT PRIMARY KEY, value TEXT

ie, CREATE TABLE element(property TEXT PRIMARY KEY, value TEXT)[/quote]

Are these queries correct?

Check if property already exists in table:
[code]
SELECT property
FROM element
WHERE property == 'color';[/code]

If I get NULL back that will mean that this property does not exist in the
table? Is this correct?

Change the value in a row where property equals color:
[code]
DELETE value
FROM element
WHERE property == 'color';

INSERT INTO element(value)
VALUE('orange')
WHERE property == 'color';

commit;[/code]

Also I want to create a new TABLE with the name '#element' or '.element' but
I always get an error because of the '#' & '.' characters. Is it possible to
create a table with a '#' or '.' character in its name?