I have a question regarding VIEWs in SQLite:

It looks like if SQLite simply copies the column type from the
original table into the corresponding view column. And I know  SQLite
implements some 'loose column typing'. That's ok so far.

But in SQLite if a view column comes from a function result or some
computation, then the column type is NULL...!? It's not taking the
result-type as mentioned in the manual
(http://www.sqlite.org/lang_select.html) - even when I try to do a
CAST in the projection clause, like this:

  SELECT id, name, CAST(salary + 10 AS INTEGER) "salaryplus10" FROM mytable;

I mean that a VIEW should behave like a (read only) TABLE in any case.
=> Is there a way to give such columns a type anyway?

Yours
-S.