I can work SQLite from by R stat package, but I am having hard time
mixing special sqlite command intermixed with SQL statements when I
send a text sequence to swqlite (even from the dos consol)

sqlite3 test.db ".mode csv   select * from selected limit 4"

Makes sqlite choke because I do not know what the inline terminator is
for a  text invocation argument, and can't find it in the docs.

That is my last minor detail, and I have indices, joins, and unions
going on the Bureau of Labor Statistic under R.  Will make SQLite
quite popular among the economists.  Getting access to reams of data
from economic we sites, directly into R dataframes via a set of common
key words familiar to economists.