All,

Am starting to look at using sqlite in our organization.  For some of the
data we work with it's a no-brainer
to dump the data into sql and use sql as our storage mechanism.  However, a
large amount of the data generated
by our tool is (and will be) stored in our own custom formats.

So I was looking at the Virtual Table http://www.sqlite.org/vtab.html

My question is, how much of this concept/interface is experimental, and how
much is stable?  (I realize that nothing marked 'experimental' can
safely be said to be 'stable')

As I look through the main page (link above), I cannot find the word
'experimental', but as I click on some
of the links I sometimes (often) see experimental.

Oh, I think I just answered my own question - I clicked on the _vtab link (
http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/vtab.html) and saw *it*
is experimental.  bummer...

Anyway, can someone provide history on how much has it has changed over
releases, when it was introduced?  Just so I have some contextual basis on
whether or not to explore this option.

The problem we're trying to solve is how to provide a generic interface for
visualization of data, and 95% of the problem is
just determining the relationships between various things, providing
grouping/sorting, etc. which is exactly what the SQL
language is built for...

thanks,

TJ
--