On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com> wrote:
> On 05/11/2010 11:50 AM, Matt Young wrote:
>> sqlite> create virtual table if not exists words using fts3  (f1 );
>> Error: near "not": syntax error
>
>  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=2604
>
> To fix it requires code changes to SQLite and the SQLite team haven't deemed
> this necessary (yet).

As the person who floated that trial balloon ... I don't recall any
really negative feedback.  Mostly I just didn't have bandwidth to
champion the change.  Someone should pick it up and run with it - make
sure the patch still works, review the codebase to make sure that it's
handling all of the cases for "NOT EXISTS" and "TEMP" that regular
tables consider, and then address any concerns the core team brings
up.  And/or find out that the core team is actually negative on the
addition :-).

-scott

PS:  I didn't consider the workaround as negative feedback.  Just more
that nobody felt strongly enough to run with it.