On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Fabio Spadaro <fabiolinos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/5/14 P Kishor <punk.k...@gmail.com>
>
>> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Fabio Spadaro <fabiolinos...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > hi,

>> more

>> > I use python sqlite embedded and in my application I have a panel where
>> you
>> > can
>> > type a query and see the results in a panel's grid
>> > Now suppose that I type a query like "select
>> > a.field1, b.field2 from table1 a, table2 b " such data
>> > will be displayed in grid but I need to know what types of data I
>> obtained.
>> > How do it?
>>

>> SELECT a.field1, Typeof(a.field1), b.field2, Typeof(b.field2)
>> FROM table1 a, table2 b...
>>

> It does not work, It always return data type text.

That is because your table has probably defined those columns as TEXT.
Consider the following --

sqlite> CREATE TABLE t (a TEXT, b INTEGER);
sqlite> INSERT INTO t VALUES ('foo', 5);
sqlite> SELECT a, Typeof(a), b, Typeof(b) FROM t;
a           Typeof(a)   b           Typeof(b)
foo         text        5           integer
sqlite>

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org