Hi Gilles,

I do not quite understand why this is important to you, but the answer
is independent of SQLite itself - and it is a trifle complicated.

You can add Fortran to the list below - either a static or a dynamic
library will do fine.

If you look at Tcl, the matter becomes more complicated:
- Tcl supports static packages, in which case you can add a static
   library to the link step (and add a call to the proper Tcl functions
   to initialise it).
- Tcl also supports dynamically loading packages, in which case you
   need a dynamic library. But, and here comes the complication, you
   can also wrap the Tcl runtime executable and all (!) its dependencies
   into a single file. In fact there are various options to do so,
   for instance via Tclkit (you get a so-called starkit then).
   Does that count as a single EXE? You only need to distribute a
   single file - but there is still a dynamic library in there
   somewhere.

I am not very familiar with other dynamic languages (scripting
languages if you want), but I understand they have similar
technologies.

A language where this is definitely not possible is Java. There
you need to supply separate jar-files and native libraries. But
again, that is a matter of the _language mechanisms_, not of
SQLite. (The same for C#, if I am not grossly mistaken)

Regards,

Arjen