Hi Pavel,

> Note: SQLite *API*, nobody says about databases. These words from
> press-release basically say that now Berkeley DB "back end" has
> SQLite's "front end", i.e. you can work with BDB database through the
> same set of functions as with SQLite database. But you cannot mix them
> with each other and of course you cannot mix both of them with Oracle
> database. It's 3 different technologies and if you want any bridges
> between them you have to write them yourself.

You are correct. above is an interfacing and implementation issue of how
to employ the API within the interfacing structure. Your answer below
answered it adequately from the SQLite perspective.

But the post "Re: [sqlite] releasing EXCLUSIVE lock after writing dirty
pages from the memory cache into the DB ?" [1]  presents a strategy
expanding beyond the press release and offers a complementary
perspective. It addresses the questions of supporting business teams and
the infrastructure by collecting information assets from embedded
databases. These questions include -> Where are the assets? What is the
availability of the assets? How readily and easily can these assets be
used? These questions are complementary to the SQLite perspective.

 After the announcements of Oracle on this list I visited the
manufacturer site looking for qualified information on the integration
strategy, product and implementation. Information retrieval was
difficult and as this is not a priority issue for my projects, I passed
on without qualified technical information that would focus my
interpretation. I am sure that the info is there, but I left with only
an overview and interpretation and limited knowledge of the intents for
interfacing and implementation that could provide guidance. Oracle
information and the post cited below seem to indicate that the
integration goes beyond the API and enhances performance.  There are a
number of other platforms moving in the direction of providing backend
or networking SQLite platforms and most offer strategic information
sufficient for preliminary qualification.

- Gary Gabriel

[1] [sqlite] releasing EXCLUSIVE lock after writing dirty pages from the
memory cache into the DB ? 28.4.2010.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.sqlite.general/56055/match=releasing+exclusive+lock+after+writing+dirty+pages+memory+cache+into+db