On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 02:35:58PM +0100, Andrew Wood scratched on the wall:
> Ok, what if I come at the problem from the opposite side:
>
> The problem is, Ive got a BLOB field which contains  a char array as an
> escpaped string but when I call sqlite3_column_type(preparedstatement,
> x); it comes back as SQLITE_TEXT not SQLITE_BLOB

  It sounds like it is being inserted as a text value (or you're
  calling sqlite3_column_bytes16() or something silly).  Try
  selecting typeof(col) and see what that returns.

  If you're inserting literal values, BLOBs must be in hex.  For
  example, these will both insert the same three bytes
  (ASCII 'A' = 0x41):

    X'414243'    is a BLOB value.
     'ABC'       is a text value.

    -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson