2010/7/8 Jay A. Kreibich <j...@kreibi.ch>

> > It's not helpful for backward compability. How about version downgrade of
> > the Android or some other mobile OS and as result impossibility to open
> any
> > SQLite database?..
>
>   That's not backwards compatibility (newer versions working with items
>  from older environments), that's forwards compatibility (older versions
>  working new items from a newer environment).

I did speak about "Backwards Compatibility" chapter from
http://www.sqlite.org/draft/wal.html

 It is no different than a new(er) application that uses newer APIs
>  not working on an older version of the OS.

And how many such changes in POSIX file API?.. I think SQLite API as
applications file format is similar to POSIX file API.

--
Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/