Calimeron wrote:

> I've understood that the program (I'm
> using http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-3_6_23_1.zip) will first compile the
> entire list 30.000 x 50.000 = 1.5 BILLION lines, after which it filters
> it.

One of SQLite's primary goals in life is to fit into a tiny memory
footprint.  I don't know for sure, but strongly doubt that it will
create the whole cross product of the two tables before filtering.
I guess it's more likely that either the video is wrong or you're
misunderstanding it.

> --After you've selected the lines you want, how do you save the
> table (instead of only selecting it)?

What do you mean, "save"?

--
Eric A. Smith

gleemites, n.:
    Petrified deposits of toothpaste found in sinks.
        -- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends