On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:00:40PM -0400, Sam Carleton scratched on the wall:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Jay A. Kreibich <j...@kreibi.ch> wrote:
>

> >  Are you using sqlite3_exec() for all of these?  My first guess is that
> >  you're not finalizing the INSERT statement (or allowing it to run to
> >  completion) before trying to drop the table.
> >

> I am using sqlite3_exec() for everything except the very first SELECT
> statement. It is my impression that sqlite3_exec() doesn't return until it
> is completed.  Am I wrong?

  Assuming you don't interrupt it, that's true.

  Are you resetting/finalizing the other SELECT?  Any outstanding
  SELECT will prevent the DROP TABLE.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson