Hi,

  I have 5 tables. Every second I want to insert 1 row into the main table,
and multiple rows into every other table. What I do right now is to prepare
5 statements for those 5 tables, where the statements for multiple row
insertion is like

  INSERT INTO MyTable (FirstCol, SecondCol)
  SELECT 'First' ,1
  UNION ALL
  SELECT 'Second' ,2
  UNION ALL
  SELECT 'Third' ,3
  UNION ALL
  SELECT 'Fourth' ,4
  UNION ALL
  SELECT 'Fifth' ,5

  My questions are:

  (1) Is the above statement for multiple row insertion efficient? What is
the best approach?
  (2) Should I need to bind parameters every time when inserting? Or is
there a way to bind pointers so that I just need to do sqlite3_step every
time when I insert rows?
  (3) Is there a way to speed up the whole process? For example, disable
index management first and enable it again after bulk insert, or one prepare
statement for multiple row multiple table insertion, etc..

  Thanks in advance,

          WeiHsin