On 24/07/10 14:18, J. King wrote:

> PDO_sqlite3 also does have the advantage of being available by default
> since PHP 5.0.0, whereas sqlite3 is only available by default since PHP
> 5.3.0.  I'm aware of no other advantages to using PDO, and from what I've
> read it's on the slow side.

Right now its the only php library that calls (or enables a call) to
sqlite_busy_timeout.

There is a patch which will make it into php 5.3.3 when it is released
"very shortly" that does provide for that call.

This makes the sqlite3 pretty bad for applications (such as the typical
web site) where there might be some locking issues.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk