On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Scott Hess <sh...@google.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> FTS3 only searches full terms/words by default, but I think if I built a
>>> custom
>>> tokenizer that returned all the suffix trees for a name:
>>
>> FTS3 can do prefix searches, MATCH 'a*'.  Also, it aimed to support
>
> Prefix searches don't allow matching in the middle of words. For
> example, I want  "bert"
> to match my name, "roberts".

Darn.  Sorry, was only thinking with half my brain, and that half
connected your problem up with some past idea.  You're right, you'd
need the tidbits to get at the interior substrings.

That said, you should be able to pretty easily copy the current
tokenizer and modify it to return multiple tokens at a single
location.

-scott