On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:07:54AM -0500, P Kishor scratched on the wall:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Ted Rolle Jr. <ster...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a table of UPCs with lengths varying from 6 to 12. ?I'd like to
> > print those with length=10 to a file for printing.
> > SELECT *
> > ?FROM UPCs
> > ?WHERE LENGTH(UPC)=10;
> > works just fine. ?But when I export the table I naturally get the whole
> > table. ?Would a View help here? ?Or create a temporary table.
> > I believe there's a simple solution, but it eludes me. ?For now.
>
> in the sqlite3 shell, set output mode to file,...

   ...via the ".output <file>" command...

>                                               ...and then select as
> above. All your select output will go to your file.

  You can also modify the format of the output using the .mode command.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson