Can someone check the source code for me ?  Or perhaps this can be found from a
query plan or something.

A current discussion reminded me that something was never settled to my
satisfaction.  If I use LIMIT in a SELECT, e.g.

SELECT name,address,(residents-1) FROM contacts WHERE postcode>'N" ORDER BY
postcode LIMIT 100

and I do actually have an index on the postcode column, does SQLite process all
the rows to the end of the index, then trim them to the first 100 rows, or does
it realise it needs only the first 100 rows ?

If the question doesn't make sense, imagine that my 'contacts' table has ten
million rows in.  I'm trying to work out whether it'll take a lot of time.

Simon.