Hi

I have a Sqlite db on an embedded device on which there are
inserts happening at a rate of 1 insert every 3 seconds. That
being the case if Sqlite does file close/sync every 3 seconds
it is going to wear off the NAND in no time. I tried to instead
put 2 mins worth of inserts inside a transaction/commit block so
that now data only gets committed every 2 mins. What I observe
though is that now a journal file gets created during the time
transaction/commit block is active and I would assume now all
my 3 second updates are going into the journal file. If that is true it
means I am still writing to the NAND every 3 seconds through the
journal file even though the main DB is only getting synced
with the journal every 2 mins.

Is this understanding correct? If yes, is there a way to actually
reduce the number of writes happening to the NAND flash such
that I can save it from quick wear out? If no, how is the writes
to the main DB different from the writes to the journal?

Thanks
Pankaj