On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Max Vlasov <max.vla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I agree with Jay - while it is tempting to have SQLite bite off
>> optimizing this kind of thing, it's pretty far out of scope.  Next
>> we'll be talking about running SQLite on raw partitions!
>>

> Scott, thought about it, ironically sqlite vfs is flexible enough to
> implement raw partition sqlite in days if one _really_ needs it :) I wonder
> whether someone already did it at least for one OS.

That's not really ironic, it's the entire point!  But where something
like Oracle would use a raw partition for performance reasons, you'd
be more likely to do it in SQLite because you don't want to bother
dedicating ROM to a R/W filesystem module when the filesystem will
only contain a SQLite database and journal.

[Probably you could just start the database at block 0 counting
upwards, and start the journal at block N counting downwards, and
throw DISK_FULL if they ever meet.]

-scott