On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 8:38 PM, Stephen Oberholtzer <
oliverkloz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. They contain only a subset of the columns in the main table, so
> they are smaller -- so reading through the entire index is faster than
> reading through the entire table.

Stephen, are you telling that is' smaller in any situation? When I mentioned
the trigger in case of fast reading of rowid/id, I thought that in this case
there can be a separated table with sing field id (rowid) that should change
its contents synchronously to the main table that contains all data. I
suppose in this case the two variants (index vs trigger) is on par in terms
of the size or am I wrong?

Max