On 3 Oct 2010, at 11:50am, Gilles Ganault wrote:

> I was wondering if someone came up with a tool to sync an SQLite
> database with smartphones (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, etc.)?

Synching two copies of a database is extremely complicated.  If you treat the
entire database as a file, and just use the latest file, that's simple.  But if
you want to get down to record-level synchronization then you either need a
third copy of the database, or you need to mark every record with a 'last
changed' date.  If you want to get down to the field level things get even more
complicated.

There are several tools around to synchronise specific databases, and they
depend on knowing how those specific databases work and what the data means.
But devising a general synch tool that would be useful for every database is
far more difficult.

Simon.