On Oct 4, 2010, at 14:46, Jay A. Kreibich wrote:

>  If you're treating the threads independently, each with their own
>  database connections, you should be safe with =2 ("multithread").
>  That provides less protection than =1 ("serialized"), but it is also
>  faster.  Continued from above:
>
>      When compiled with SQLITE_THREADSAFE=2, SQLite can be used in a
>      multithreaded program so long as no two threads attempt to use
>      the same database connection at the same time.

        I did read that, but I didn't quite understand what the global state is
that will be accessed between otherwise independent threads.  Reading the code
makes that a bit more clear.

        I was mainly wondering if there was a difference between having two
entirely independent threads accessing two entirely independent databases, or
if =2 was for concurrent access to a single database only.

        It sounds like the answer is ``just do it anyway.''

        Thanks.

--
Dustin Sallings