I have a question about recovering from SQLITE_IOERR? We are using sqlite
v3.6.15 on windows where the databases may be accessed across a network (I
am aware of the caveats here).

On a windows vista/win7 machine or a laptop which goes into sleep mode, when
it resumes and the application tries to open a database on a networked
drive, the open function returns SQLITE_CANTOPEN and SQLITE_IOERR. I don't
have a problem with this, if the OS has lost access to the network I can
imagine SQLITE_IOERR is quite valid. My question is, is there any way to
recover now from this error without forcing my application to exit and
restart? Any number of retries using sqlite3_open_v2 always continue to fail
with SQLITE_IOERR.

It is possible the response will be "not sqlite's problem", but I would
appreciate any advice anyone has to give,
thanks Serena.