Hey Jay, thanks for your feedback.

I am indeed using (several) delineated lists.  I would very much
appreciate your input into how bad a decision this is.

So, I basically need to find entrys of Table B that do not appear in
that list.  Obviously, it would be better to have a playedInf table and
do some kind of SELECT FROM B NOT IN A query.

However, I would rather not do the processing at all.  I'm pushing off
the calculation to the client - and the client does not use a database
at all. I simply send the list as a text field and get the client to
sort it out, as he has plenty of processor time.  It seems to me that
this is quicker than making the list on the fly by doing a SELECT and
then a concatination from another table...

Am I completely off-base on this?

Thanks,
Ian