Quoth Travis Orr <t...@ivl.com>, on 2010-10-08 13:37:25 -0700:
> Is it possible to register a custom FTS3 tokenizer to be persistent in
> the database so that it is available every time a connection is opened?

Not really.  How would this work?  You open a database, and the
function pointer for the tokenizer comes from... where?  The physical
pointer usually isn't guaranteed to be the same even for the same
application running twice on the same machine.

This would also have an impact on security: opening a database
shouldn't allow it to access arbitrary C code from your program, and
declaring which functions are allowed and which are not is just as
much work as reregistering the tokenizer in the first place.

However, it now occurs to me that it may be possible to use the
fts3_tokenizer() function in a trigger, which is probably a bad thing
when writing to untrusted databases.  Hmm.

   ---> Drake Wilson