Russell A <slurc...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Igor
> I'm converting an Interbase DB for use in a smaller application, so there are
> many different examples.
>
> I've included one particular example below, where I have converted a single
> Interbase trigger (which used IF statements), into 4
> separate SQLite triggers.
> Any advice appreciated.Russell.
> /* Trigger: TEXTLISTS_B4DEL */
> CREATE TRIGGER TEXTLISTS_B4DEL_genericsinfo BEFORE DELETE ON TEXTLISTS
> when (old.listtype in ('W', 'C')) and
> (select TextList_id from genericsinfo where TextList_id = old.textlist_id
> Limit 1) is not null
> begin
>  Select Raise(Fail, 'DEPENDANCYERROR');
> end;

Something like this, perhaps:

CREATE TRIGGER TEXTLISTS_B4DEL_genericsinfo BEFORE DELETE ON TEXTLISTS
begin
  select raise(FAIL, 'DEPENDANCYERROR')
  where old.listtype in ('W', 'C') and exists
    (select 1 from genericsinfo where TextList_id = old.textlist_id);

  select raise(FAIL, 'DEPENDANCYERROR')
  where old.listtype = 'L' and exists
    (select 1 from PRODUCTS where LOCATION = old.identifier);

  select raise(FAIL, 'DEPENDANCYERROR')
  where old.listtype = 'PT' and exists
    (select 1 from PRODUCTS where PRODTYPE = old.identifier);

  select raise(FAIL, 'DEPENDANCYERROR')
  where old.listtype = 'PF' and exists
    (select 1 from PRODUCTS where PROD_FORM = old.identifier);
end;

You can also combine the four select statements into one statement, by ORing
all WHERE conditions, or by doing something like this:

select raise(FAIL, 'DEPENDANCYERROR')
where case
    when old.listtype in ('W', 'C')
        then exists (select 1 from genericsinfo where TextList_id =
old.textlist_id)
    when old.listtype = 'L'
        then exists (select 1 from PRODUCTS where LOCATION = old.identifier)
    when old.listtype = 'PT'
        then exists (select 1 from PRODUCTS where PRODTYPE = old.identifier)
    when old.listtype = 'PF'
        then exists (select 1 from PRODUCTS where PROD_FORM = old.identifier)
end;

--
Igor Tandetnik