I don't believe this!

Now I want to do a wrapper for Insert - by doing simple calls to:

loop this:
{
sqlite3_prepare_v2
sqlite3_bind_*
sqlite3_step
sqlite3_finalize
}

By my understanding this is what SQLite exec does - prepare, then
step, then finalize and it works.

The problem is - when I insert in that function any (unrelated)
statement, like just printing to log file or something... it stops
working in weirdest possible way.

sqlite3_prepare_v2 simply doesn't return (in debugger nor in
executable). doesn't use CPU time, doesn't allocate extra memory... it
is just waiting and waiting forever.

then I add another log file line or anything unrelated - and
sqlite3_prepare_v2 returns normally (SQLITE_OK result).

Am I going nuts? Any clues what to look for? Is some 8-byte or some
byte-aligning at play here? And more importantly why it happens ONLY
with sqlite3_prepare statement and not on others like open or
finalize?

Am I doing wrong bindings? Shouldn't that return some error rather
than endless loop?