From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org on behalf of Simon Slavin
Sent: Tue 10/19/2010 7:17 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: EXTERNAL:Re: [sqlite] EXTERNAL: SQLite query help pls

On 19 Oct 2010, at 1:07pm, Dickie.wild wrote:

> Thanks for the reply's i have tried the various ways described that they do
> not seem to be working. I have a way in which it works but this is in SQL
> could anyone convert it to SQLite for me? i am not to sure it is even
> possible. I have also attached the DB just encase anyone can do it for me?
>
> Update video_files
>
> Set strCover =
> Reverse(Substring(Reverse(strPath),CHARINDEX('\',Reverse(strPath)),1000)) +
> 'Folder.jpg'

We told you how to do it in SQLite.  The answer involved using rtrim().  Two of
us even posted example code for you.

If you want an equivalent to that specific command then, copying from my post
of a few days ago, it would be something like

UPDATE video_files SET strCover TO (rtrim(strPath, 'abcd... ABCD... 123... ._')
|| 'folder.jpg')

(expanded to include alphabets and digits).  If you have tried that and it
didn't work please tell us what it did instead of working.

Simon.