Depends what you mean by "noticeable"...but you can test it yourself.

Just .dump the database, restart with a new name, and .load it back again.
Similar to what you should see if you do it yourself.

If you choose option 3 remember that users WILL see the database and be able to
copy it quite easiliy.  So you need to elucidate the reasons why your client
wants to keep it private.  If it's an absolute requirement that nobody copy it
then option 3 doesn't work.  If it's just "we would like to make it a bit more
difficult for the blithering idiot to copy it" then option 3 is OK.  Anybody
who knows what they're doing could intercept it.

The in-memory is a lot better.  Takes a much smarter person to glean any info
from that.  But 200M could be a bit of a problem for some.

What you may really want is to encrypt the database.  That way it looks like
gibberish to anybody who does find it and you can deploy it like you would
normally.  Just don't directly store the password.  Do something simple like
XOR it with another value or phrase in your code.  If you use just a single
char for XOR almost nobody would recognize what's going on (though disassembly
of code would work..but that's a much smarter crowd).

http://sqlcipher.net/
http://sqlite-crypt.com/documentation.htm
http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/see.html

Michael D. Black