.dump (3.6.23.1) and afterwards "sqlite3 /tmp/new.db < /tmp/dump.sql"
with 3.7.2 worked and fixed the .backup problem (as expected).

As I've already downgraded sqlite3 in our new firmware and patched the
live-systems that were running with the new firmware I'll only have one
machine to check whether the error comes back or not... So maybe I'll
not be able to give feedback for a few weeks (as I can not enforce errors).

However: if the error will not come back and could have to do with an
already existing error in the database it would be quite interesting to
know why integrity_check doesn't find the error before making a backup.
(What means that a bug exists in any case: either in PRAGMA
integrity_check or in the backup function).

---
Pirmin Walthert