On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Ruslan Mullakhmetov <
r.mullakhme...@tools4brokers.com> wrote:

> > Understand this:  Any programming language that is built around threads
> is
> > inherently broken and should be avoided.  (I will not name names - you
> know
> > the languages I'm talking about.)  And any operating system that depends
> > upon threads for performance is equality busted and should also be
> shunned.
>
> so you advise to change language? to some functional or logic? i got no
> more
> idea how to avoid threads and evils connected with them.
>
> unfortunately i'm not free in language choosing cause i develop extensions
> which has api in language  that "is inherently broken and should be
> avoided".

I recognize this sad reality, which is why SQLite is "threadsafe" even
though we actively discourage the use of threads.  Sometimes you just have
no choice.  Unchangeable external constraints impose a programming language
or platform on you.  And for those occasions, you just have to VERY VERY
CAREFUL.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org