I'm trying to move data between two databases. I found in the list
archive the following solution from Chris Wedgwood:

ATTACH DATABASE 'fromdb.sqlite' AS fromdb;
[...]
INSERT INTO fromdb.tablename SELECT * FROM src;

This appears to *copy* data between databases, but I would like to then
delete the same set of data from the source (the example selects all
records, however I am obviously talking about moving a particular subset
with a more complex query).

I know I can run the query again with a DELETE command, but what if
the data has changed in between queries? Is there a way to re-use the
results from my first query and use them in the second (DELETE) query?