On 26 Nov 2010, at 10:28, Philip Graham Willoughby wrote:

> On 25 Nov 2010, at 14:06, Dan Kennedy wrote:
>
>> On 11/25/2010 03:45 PM, Philip Graham Willoughby wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm noticing a new failure with SQLite 3.7.3 as compared to the previous
>>> version I was using, 3.6.23.1.
>>
>> Are you able to share the database and the query that causes
>> the assert() to fail?
>
> Here is a database and the query which causes the assert to fail:
>
> Database:   http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10341475/SQLiteAssertionFailure/Test.base
> Query SQL:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10341475/SQLiteAssertionFailure/TestQuery.sql
>
> If for any reason you wanted to recreate the DB the SQL to do so are these:
>
> Schema SQL:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10341475/SQLiteAssertionFailure/testSchema.sql
> Data SQL:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10341475/SQLiteAssertionFailure/TestValues.sql
>
> My original schema is somewhat more complex so I have cut out some parts
> which are not relevant to this problem. In attempting to create a cut-down
> version I also tried removing players 2 and 3 from the CardsPlayers and
> CardsPlayer[AB] tables, which caused the query to run successfully. I cannot
> tell from that whether the problem is triggered by the presence of any values
> in those tables or by the presence of relevant values in those tables.
>
> With a new empty database and these SQL statements with SQLite version 3.6.12
> (or 3.7.3 without SQLITE_DEBUG) I see this:
> ----------------
> SQLite version 3.6.12
> Enter ".help" for instructions
> Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
> sqlite> .read ./testSchema.sql
> sqlite> .read ./TestValues.sql
> sqlite> .read ./TestQuery.sql
> Otterbourne Golf Course|Jane Doe|Assumed Name
> sqlite>
>
> With a new empty database and these SQL statements with SQLite version 3.7.3
> (with SQLITE_DEBUG) I see this:
> ----------------
> SQLite version 3.7.3
> Enter ".help" for instructions
> Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
> sqlite> .read ./testSchema.sql
> sqlite> .read ./TestValues.sql
> sqlite> .read ./TestQuery.sql
> Assertion failed: (memIsValid(&u.bq.r.aMem[i])), function sqlite3VdbeExec,
> file sqlite3.c, line 64507.
> Abort
>
> SQLite 3.7.3 fails in that manner when I run just the query on the 3.6.12
> database; similarly SQLite 3.6.12 gets the right answer when it queries the
> 3.7.3 database. I infer from this that the data stored is fine it's just a
> problem at query-time.

I apologise for repeating my earlier message (above), but I didn't see any
out of my email client.

I'd appreciate any feedback; even knowing whether it is or is not reproducible
by others would be very helpful.

If this is a reproducible bug, is there anything else I need to do to report it?

Best Regards,

Phil Willoughby
--
Managing Director, StrawberryCat Limited

StrawberryCat Limited is registered in England and Wales with Company No.
7234809.

The registered office address of StrawberryCat Limited is:

107 Morgan Le Fay Drive
Eastleigh
SO53 4JH