Hi,
we are using SQLite3 as an embeded database in our application and we'd like to
select the proper
backup-restore mechanism. Based on the documentation available we've already
decided to use
the CLI either .backup-.restore or .dump. However we have some questions we
couldn't find in the
docs, ie.: how these operations work/effect a running application? Namely:

[1] .backup online?
Is it safe to run a .backup operation online that is without stopping the
application?

[2] .backup non blocking?
Is the backup operation a non blocking or a blocking one that is: will it block
normal transactions or
not?

[3] .restore online?
Can someone run a .restore operation online? The only effect we could see so
far is the following.
After a successful restore the client (Ruby+Sequel) detects the schema change
and fails for the
first time, however it refreshes itself and works for subsequent calls...

[4] Is the .dump operation like normal SQL operations? Is it safe to run it
online? will it block other
SQL operations?

Cheers,
Gyula