Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer.

> Presumably each thread has its own db handle.
True.

> You could enable shared-cache mode (although that gives you table-level
> locking, not the MVCC WAL provides).

That is not good enough for me, since I want to run checkpoint in a
background thread, while reading/writing from the main thread (as it is
now).

> The alternative is to create your own VFS that stores the WAL index in
> heap memory.
I guess I have to do it, but I think this should be available in sqlite,
since it is a common case to use sqlite from single process (but
multithreaded), and using WAL index in memory will improve system
performance.

Yoni.