>Argh.  Any chance of trying it with something other than Vista ?  I don't
know it's definitely the problem, I'm just allergic to Vista.
;-)) I agree with you. I connected now the Mac to a Window XP 2002 sp3. The
same lock problem remains.

>One stage of that process is defeating the locking process.  Please try
mapping the shared drive directly from the Wine stage.
I think it isn't possible. It seems Wine only permit to assign a drive
letter to an already mounted remote drive.

>That bug was fixed years ago.  And I think that if it was a problem your
Macintosh application would have the same problem.  However, if you want to
see how to mount that drive from the command-line on a Mac, type 'man
mount_smbfs'.

Tried. Unfortunately seems that the "nobrl" option is not available.
Grrrrr...

Marco