On 20 Dec 2010, at 12:17pm, Michael Steiger wrote:

> In the meantime I further analyzed the problem and I also looked at the
> corrupt databasefile. To my surprise it contained some logfile output
> from another library I am using. It seems that if I turn on logging for
> this library some log output is written to the database file. But I have
> absolutely no idea how this mixup can happen.

Since SQLite does not do any logging, it would seem that the problem is not
entirely within the SQLite library.  Since you appear to be using plain C
function calls to access SQLite this suggests that there is some sort of
problem with your memory handling.  Is there a chance that you are using either
the file handle or the database handle for something other than SQLite3 calls ?
 Can you tell us what is producing that log text you found ?

Simon.