I'd be surprised if you run out of memory, updating a field, even with a
50,000,000 row table.

Also, if you are working with real geospatial data such as Imagery or vector
data, there are many applications that may be suited for these calculations.

Spatialite is a Sqlite extension that has spatial indexes(rtree) and spatial
functions such as buffer, intersect,etc