When I got that error I, for some reason, interpreted it as an
SQL-level error message, and not an FTS-level one. Now I realise that
it indicates an FTS-level error, so it makes sense. Since I thought it
was an SQL-level error I thought it was an SQL injection bug. Sorry
for crying wolf.

It would be nice if there was a mode which was more accepting towards
FTS query errors for end user authored queries, but now I'm happy when
I understand why I got the error and can deal with it appropriately.

Cheers,
 Jonas