I'm trying to understand whether there's any problem with committing a
transaction while in the process of stepping over results.

The following loop, in some kind of weird hybrid pseudo-code, tries to
illustrate what I'm doing: while stepping over results from a select statement,
doing inserts into another table. During that process, I want to break up the
current transaction.

Is there any effect on the outer select/step by committing and restarting the
transaction while the outer statement is still being used? (In my actual
use-case, the inner commit/begin is not performed on every iteration).

The codes seems to be working for me, but I want to make sure it's not working
in the realm of undefined operation.

James

BEGIN DEFERRED TRANSACTION

SELECT * FROM a