>> On 3 Feb 2011, at 2:59pm, BareFeetWare wrote:
>>
>> But if a I have an arbitrary SQL script/procedure to perform, that starts
>> with an attach statement, I don't have creation control over the path
>> specified in the script.

> On 04/02/2011, at 2:18 AM, Simon Slavin wrote:
>
> If you were able to open the original database without specifying a path,
> then you can ATTACH to it another database from the same folder without a
> path.  If you had to specify a path to open the original database, then use
> the same path when you open the attached database.

It goes something like this:

1. User opens database file. App therefore knows location/path of the chosen
file. But this path may be different next time (eg on different device).

2. User runs an SQL script/procedure containing an attach statement. The attach
statement specifies a file, but no path, since the path is just the same
directory containing the main file. In other words, the relative path doesn't
change between runs, but the absolute path will.

Thanks,
Tom
BareFeetWare

 --