On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 09:30:00PM -0500, Dariusz Matkowski scratched on the
wall:

> I am trying to implement a simple virtual table that reads in a file
> with two columns and "::" separator. My question is: is it necessary
> to implement xBestIndex to run a simple where clause queries?

  You must implement a xBestIndex() function, but it does not need to
  do anything other than return SQLITE_OK.  This will result in a full
  table scan for each query, but for something like a flat file (where
  you cannot easily jump to specific records) that's usually not a
  significant limitation.

    -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson