On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Paul Shaffer <sqli...@cyberplasm.com> wrote:
> I had an API problem, and I now think that the virtual table does not need
> to be created each time. I can't find documentation that covers this.

I don't think there is documentation which covers this, because it's
how all tables (except temp tables) work.  You create them, they're in
the database until you drop them.  Virtual tables are slightly
different in that you could attempt to read the database with a sqlite
library which doesn't include the virtual table implementation, which
would naturally fail.

> The question on threading the virtual table construction still stands.

It's just like any other SQLite threading.  fts is internally
implemented by calling back into SQLite core.

-scott