On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 07:51:22PM +0300, Alexey Pechnikov scratched on the
wall:
> I try to vacuum database about 11Gb size on debian squeeze host with 1,5 Gb
> RAM:
>
> sqlite3 test.db 'vacuum;'
> Error: disk I/O error
>
> Note: any new files does not created on vacuuming process (may be
> created journal, does not it?).

  Yes.  A copy of the database and a journal file.  Both may reach the
  size of the original database.  So, if you database is 11GB in size,
  you may need as much as 22GB of free disk space to complete the
  vacuum process.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson