From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Igor Tandetnik
Sent: 23 March 2011 17:25
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] storing big numbers into NUMERIC, DECIMAL columns

On 3/23/2011 12:58 PM, Eugene N wrote:
> I find the discussion very interesting. Apart from billing/accounting
every
> good (scientific) application soones or later is bound to requare
> multiprecision library.

Which scientific instrument can measure which physical quantity with an
accuracy greater than 15 significant digits? By way of example, Planck
constant is measured to about 8 significant digits.

If you are using high precision to work with data measured with low
accuracy, you are just fooling yourself - those least significant digits
you labor so hard to preserve are completely bogus.

Billing/accounting is best done in integers - say, in millionths of a
dollar.
--
Igor Tandetnik