Dear Experts,

Is there an easy way to permanently disable the default AutoCommit using the
C API?  The nature of my application is such that I don't know exactly where
a new transaction begins.  Records are inserted into the database, and at
the end an explicit COMMIT is requested.

It seems that it would be possible to check whether a transaction has been
created (BEGIN TRANSACTION) by using sqlite3_get_autocommit(), and if the
return value is TRUE (AutoCommit is active), then issue the BEGIN.  However,
it seems that the internal DB structure contains an autoCommit flag, and I'm
hoping there's a simple way of setting it not to autocommit at startup.

Any ideas or advice will be most welcome.

Best regards,
Jaco