On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:35 AM, J Trahair
<j.trah...@foreversoftware.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi. I've noticed that SELECT statements are specific to the capitalisation of
> the WHERE section.
>
> Suppose I have a Customers table with a CustomerCode field, and a value in
> one of the records of TRA001, eg:
>
> CustomerCode   CustomerName
> TRA001             Trahair
> SMI001              Smith
>
> If the SELECT statement is SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE CustomerCode =
> 'tra001' that is, with tra001 in lower case, SQLite *does not find the
> record*.
>
> SQL Server Express and MySQL - and even Access - do not have this
> disadvantage. Is there a setting I can change so that SQLite SELECT
> statements are not case specific?

SQL Server Express and MySQL do not have this behavior by default.
I'm not sure where you got that idea.

You can enable ASCII case-insensitivity using COLLATE NOCASE in your
SELECT statement, or as a property of the column in your CREATE TABLE
statement.

--
Cory Nelson
http://int64.org