On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:25 AM, Mikael <mikael....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at the possibility of using SQLite in an environment with a
> fixed-size stack, and wish to know, what stack size do I need for SQLite
> always to work?

We have heard of people running SQLite in as little as 2K of stack space.
Probably there are ways of exceeding that if you really abuse the language,
but if it works on your tests, SQLite isn't suddenly going to allocate a
bunch of extra stack on you in the field.

Symbian phones use 12K of stack for SQLite processes.

> Obviously I want it to be as small as possible, as I want as much RAM to be
> available for other purposes as possible.
>
> The application uses a constant set of SQL queries that are string-exact,
> except for in the case when in some dynamic queries I pass IN (" in
> (\"abcd\",\"efghi\",\"jklmn\",\"opqr\"...etc.)"). So the stack size needs
> hold for those queries, and any dataset sizes (inserting large cells,
> querying all of long tables with large cells).
>
> If there would be some kind of runtime checks (i.e. the app dies with
> printing 'Stack overflow' to stderr on stack overflow), I could always just
> increase it up to the level where I ever saw an exception, and add another
> 10% for safety.
>
> Looking forward to your response,
>
> Kind regards,
> Mikael