On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 11:10, Igor Tandetnik <itandet...@mvps.org> wrote:
> If possible, set up your table so that INSERT OR REPLACE works for it. E.g.
> declare "key" field unique, or primary key.

Yah, I've used INSERT OR REPLACE -- it's a nice extension that works
like a champ.

I'm writing a cross-db library function that does essentially INSERT
OR REPLACE and INSERT OR IGNORE and INSERT OR FAIL.  Ironically, I
can't use those SQLite extensions because the library functions need
to work on user-supplied tables where I don't control the indices.

I've thought about setting up the indeces (and tearing them down)
simply so I could use INSERT OR REPLACE, but that would quickly eat up
any time advantage when given a large table with compound keys.