On 21 Apr 2011, at 12:34am, Andrew Lindsay wrote:

> I am trying to search an SQL database that is meant to have entries logged
> every minute for a period of approximately 15 months.
>

> I want to create a query that will search through the database and tell me
> for which periods I do not have any entries.

You can't find missing data.  Your fastest way to do it would just be to write
code retrieve all the datastamps, turn them into period numbers, then look down
the list for missing ones.  A slower way would be to use a SELECT which
retrieved all entries, with a sub-SELECT which looked for all entries in the
following period.

Simon.